Settlement Claim - Equifax Data Breach
Update - File your Equifax data breach claim
In September of 2017, Equifax announced it experienced a data breach, which impacted the personal information of approximately 147 million people. A federal court is considering a proposed class action settlement submitted on July 22, 2019, that, if approved by the Court, would resolve lawsuits brought by consumers after the data breach. Equifax denies any wrongdoing, and no judgment or finding of wrongdoing has been made.
You can get free credit monitoring, $125 or up to $20,000.
To file your claim and to get more information, click here.
Earlier Blog Below
Equifax Hack Check Tool & What Else Can You Do About It
Equifax has a complementary Potential Impact Tool that gives you the opportunity to check if THEY believe your information was exposed.
To enroll in complimentary identity theft protection and credit file monitoring, Click Here To Find More @ Equifax.
Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) Consumer Information bulletin on The Equifax Data Breach: What to do Click Here To Read The FTC Blletin
You can put a security freeze on your consumer report at ChexSystems Click Here For More Information @ ChexSystems
In most states you can get a free credit report annually from each of the three agencies - Experian, TransUnion & Of course Equifax. Click Here To Get Yours
You can check your credit scores & credit reports for free from TransUnion & Equifax, daily at Credit Karma a free service Click Here To Go To CreditKarma
1. Check if you were impacted by the Equifax hack Click Here To Find More @ Equifax
2. Get your free credit report from all the three major bureaus Click Here To Get Yours
3. While obtaining each credit report at Equifax, TransUnion and Experian from above, check for option to freeze your credit. Else, see steps 6, 7, 8 below.
4. Experian provides TrueIdentity where you can freeze your credit at Experian Go to TrueIdentity site here
5. Place a security freeze at ChexSystems for your bank accounts Click on Security Freeze --> Place a Freeze
6. TransUnion Credit Freeze
7. EquiFax Credit Freeze
8. Experian Credit Freeze